At present, the soft compression method of video capture cards has been unanimously approved by users. With its stable performance, wide compatibility, low cost, and simple operation, it has been widely used in various industries. With the rapid development of network technology today, smooth, high-definition, and real-life pictures will bring a colorful world of images to our network life. In the video compression coding part, different compression algorithms and algorithm implementation schemes determine the quality and coding efficiency of HD images. The soft compression method has been unanimously approved.
1. Compression efficiency is getting better and better
The popularity of soft compression video capture cards is mainly due to the improvement of current computer configuration and more comprehensive software performance. In the past, in terms of video compression capabilities, hard compression is better than soft compression. Because soft compression cards use CPU compression and consume computer resources, high-configuration computers are the key to long-term stable operation of soft compression acquisition cards. As the mainstream CPU performance and speed increase in the market, the soft compression processing capacity is also strengthened. Using ordinary P42.8G can compress 4-24 channels (352X288) in real time. The soft compression card uses a cheap AMD64-bit CPU to compress the video. With ease, compressing HD video in real time will no longer be a problem. So now soft compression has begun to replace hard compression cards.
2. Today's computers have good performance, and the factors restricting soft compression cards are reduced.
In the past when using soft compression cards, often encountered some "compatibility" problems. Computer performance has become the biggest bottleneck restricting the development of soft compression cards.
1) CPU compatibility issues: Soft compression cards rely on the CPU to process images. The previous CPU's ability to process data was relatively low. High-quality pictures and small space requirements, such video files are very CPU-intensive. If the CPU usage is consistently too high, the system will crash.
2) Motherboard compatibility issues: The image data collected by the soft compression card is not processed, and the amount of data will be relatively large. If the motherboard can't process these data, it will cause data loss, and then there will be problems such as image drawing and screen color distortion.
3) Power supply compatibility issues: Soft compression cards generally do not have their own power supply, and the normal operation of the video capture chip needs sufficient power supply power protection. If the power supply is insufficient, it may cause distortion of the picture, the picture cannot come out, and crashes.
In the field of streaming media, video capture cards occupy a very important position. From the earliest ordinary video capture card to the current high-definition VGA capture card, DVI capture card, HDMI capture card, etc., all have made great progress in their respective technologies. With the continuous development of science and technology, the demand in the video field has increased, and higher requirements have been placed on current streaming media capture cards.